Availability and Booking
Book Ancestral Barn
By making a booking you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:Reservations
- A reservation can be made online, by email or telephone. To secure the reservation into a firm booking a deposit of £250 (or £400 over Christmas and New Year) must be received within 7 days otherwise it will be re-released. The deposit is payable by card (online only), bank transfer or sterling cheque (made payable to Susan Franks).
- The balance payment is due 6 weeks before arrival. Bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival date are payable in full.
- Please note you may lose your booking and deposit if the full balance is not received as stated.
- Please note that we do not accept bookings for over 14 days duration.
- The cottage/barn will be available from 4pm on arrivals Monday-Friday and 3pm on Saturday and Sunday and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- A good housekeeping deposit of £100 is payable by separate cheque or bank transfer with the balance payment. This will be returned following your stay if the cottage/barn is left in a good condition.
- Should it be necessary to cancel your holiday, we should be informed without delay. Every endeavour will be made to re-let the accommodation, but, should this prove impossible, we reserve the right to be reimbursed for any loss as follows:
- The deposit maybe lost for cancellations made anytime up to 6 weeks prior to date of arrival.
- The full amount maybe charged for cancellations made within 6 weeks of the arrival date.
- We strongly recommend cancellation insurance.
- The cottage/barn should be left clean and tidy on departure and any damages must be reported and paid for prior to departure. If the property is left in an unacceptable condition requiring extra housekeeping this will be charged at cost and will be deducted from the Good Housekeeping deposit.
- We are happy to accommodate one well behaved dog over 1 year old in the cottage/barn by prior arrangement at a cost of £25. However we do so on the understanding that the owners will not under any circumstances allow their dogs onto the furniture, up the stairs, in any of the bedrooms and are not left in the property unattended. For further information about bringing your pet please click here. Any damage caused by dogs will be deducted from the Good Housekeeping deposit.
- Church Farm is a no smoking site. There is strictly no smoking in or outside the cottage/barn or within the farm's perimeters.
- The use of the barn/cottage and its amenities is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility will be accepted for injury or loss or damage to user's belongings.
- Children must be supervised at all times and must not go into the pond garden or into the farm area unaccompanied.
- The number of people occupying the cottage/barn will not exceed the number stated on the booking form without our explicit agreement. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party or repossess the property if this condition is not observed. No refund will be given and the owners will not incur any costs.
- Day visitors are not entitled entry into the cottage/barn or into the grounds and gardens without our prior agreement.
- We reserve the right to have access to the barn/cottage at all reasonable times without permission. Prior notice will be given to guests whenever possible.
- If, for any reason beyond the owners control, the property is not available on the date booked, all rent paid in advance will be refunded in full and no further claims will be made against the owner.
- Open Fires - We have open fires in our cottages. An initial supply of coal and logs are provided in the rental price. Additional supplies can be purchased at a cost of £15.
- Cots and highchairs are available on request.
This Privacy Notice explains how we at Dovedale Cottages, Church Farm, Stanshope, Nr Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 2AD use any personal information we collect about you.
The security of your personal data is very important to us and we will do our utmost to ensure that your data is kept secure at all times.What information we collect about you
When you make a booking with us we collect the names of all the guests who will be staying, the home address, email address and telephone number of the person making the booking. Your personal data will be received by us, the owners of Dovedale Cottages, or our representatives.How we use the information we hold on you
We use your home address to send written confirmation of your booking, details on how to find us and other information you may find useful for your stay.
We will use your email address to send you confirmation of payment of the deposit and the final balance and respond to any questions you may have. We will also email you a reminder to pay the balance if no payment has been received by the due date.
After your stay you will receive an email or phone call regarding the refund of the carebond, and a request for feedback.How is your data stored
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access of disclosure, all of the personal data you supply us as part of the booking process, is stored securely physically or electronically.
We will not share your information with any third party unless there is a legal reason for doing so.Marketing
We would like to keep in touch with you with the very occasional email to keep you updated with developments and special offers here at Church Farm. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We will not pass on your details to any third party.Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of potential interest to your stay. However, please note that once you have left our site, we have no control or responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information you provide on these sites. We recommend that you look at the privacy statement on all websites you access.Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, ask for errors to be corrected, ask for your data to be erased (in certain circumstances) and ask us to restrict the processing of your data. If you would like a copy of this information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Cookies